Monday, July 10, 2006

online communities

So in the past few months I've been browsing online communities quite a bit; rubber pal, latex pal, rubber personals, IAR (a little). So within the past few days, aside from a short trip, I've had copious amounts of free time. Because of this I've been browsing quite a bit and actually logging onto YIM. However, I've had much less contact than usual, so I remembered that I made an account over at myspace.com that I never really used.

Well, I've been browsing it for a bit and Graaah! So many people have so much BS filling their profiles. It's incredible how false people make their lives out to be in their online identities. I mean, I know people within fetish-related online communities do the same thing, but not nearly to such an extreme.

I suppose people tend to come off as being more genuine within fetish related communities because well.. they're already being open about a very (usually) private side of themselves, so there's no reason to try to ficticiously build up their egos.
but now, having looked through quite a few profiles on myspace I'm literally feeling nauseous at how delusional 99% of the people on there are. It's really frustrating feeling like I'm a part of a generation of totally superficial, misguided, and absolutely boring, personality-lacking individuals.

It actually reminded me of why I enjoy my x-dressing and latex fetish so much, because it's something that makes me different, unique, and not some shallow reflection of my surroundings. Which is really the beautiful thing about latex itself, it's so impractical that it's never going to ever really hit mainstream fashion... and knowing that in a decade people won't be walking down the street wearing latex makes me happy. =D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the worst part of myspace is the emo kids and the fat girls who take photos off center to shadow their weight

Mr.Anonymous

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
hit counter html code