Tuesday, January 23, 2007

invasion of public privacy

Okay... So, it turns out that my friend who was mad at me apparently reads this site, being the reason for her anger.

We talked about it today and I suppose that things are resolved for the most part...
It was just fairly shocking to hear that she's known about the site since essentially it's conception. Don't ask me how.

Upon her telling me, I felt a little odd, not knowing how exactly to react. I was relieved to hear that she's known of it for so long and it wasn't a recent thing. The reason being, I feel like it's better to be like, "some new piece of information has set me off," and not, "Wow, you're such a freak, it's like I don't even know you." So that was kind of a relief, yet...

Still, I would imagine that most of you who post pictures, profiles, thoughts, and personal feelings on the web feel that all of these things are... well, private.
and we ensure the privacy of such things by making ourselves anonamous. However, that doesn't undo the fact that all of this is essentially open for viewing in the public domain.

So of course everything on this site, to me, is fairly private and personal and the knowledge that someone I know, who I never informed about it's existance, is viewing it made me a little... uncomfortable. However, I can't turn around and say, "Hey, that's private! I feel violated and betrayed." Because this site is really open to basically everyone.

It was just so hard to have to confront someone I've known for a decently long time and have her discussing cross-dressing, masking, latex, fetish, etc. in regards to me. Yet, at the same time, it's kind of nice knowing that she's been seeing it and seemingly accepting of it all the while.

Anyway, she's quite intelligent and has actually given some of the subjects touched on in this blog some good thought, I'd be happy if she would contribute in any way she wanted here, also feel free to leave comments if you see fit. ('you' referring to her) ('you' also referring to you the viewer I guess. hehe)
Also, if I'm going to be referring to her in the future, I guess we'll have to figure out some sort of fitting nick-name to use...
cause in the end, we all need to keep our identities secret, right?
I'll have to try harder in the future...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very strange to have "real life" intrude into your fetish life. I've often pondered the fact that I've mentioned a lot of people (including my Ex-wife) a number of times on my various blogs. I have thought the possibility of them discovering my "real" identity was next to none.

I think I've thought about how someone who I'm living next door to might also be into masks and have an alter ego that I'm unaware of.

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, if they do happen to "stumble" across my yahoo Group or 360 profile and were curious enough to actually read any of it, they would surely recognise themselves. I mean, how many guys have asked them if they'd like to put on a rubber female hdead and have sex?

6:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
hit counter html code