Thursday, January 26, 2006

Latex: bad for the bank account, good for the soul

Ugh, so life has gotten stressful and I find myself with far less free-time than I had been hoping for, but whatever. I still intend on writing, just a bit less than I originally imagined. :(

So I spent a couple hours last night walking around mid-town, looking at the people and the lights, smelling the exhaust, and thinking about life in general. As I watched each group of strangers prancing or power-walking to whatever destination they had in mind I started wondering, how many of these people have fetishes?

I would imagine that most people do, however most of them would sooner die than admit to it, but that doesn't mean they don't have one. I started to wonder as to how many of them have actually lived out a fantasy or experienced someone else's..
Did they like it?
Did they love it?
Was it weird?
Was it exciting?

Of course in thinking like this I started to ask myself the same questions. I'd have to say 'yes' to all of them and through answering these questions I began to wonder, 'what is it about fetish that makes it so exciting?'

Oddly, I thought back to childhood.
When I was younger I was entertained and happy a good portion of the time. I didn't feel any strong impulses toward anything aside from maybe food when I was hungry or sleep when I was tired. Although, I did certainly experience impulses, but they were easily understood and achieved.
Life seemed like one big adventure of which I was excitedly navigating. Things as simple as watching a movie or just walking around town with a friend would really get me amped up.

As I've gotten older things seem more and more bland. The slow introduction into 'the real world' has been a long and tedious one. Now I feel so exhausted from fulfilling obligations and seeing to responsibilities that all I really do with my free time is relax. Change and excitement have taken a backseat to everything else crowding my day..

So what do I really look forward to anymore?
well, there are a few answers to that, but the thing time after time that I am always excited over is latex.
Whenever I receive some nameless package from Europe or Austria or where ever, or when I'm getting ready to suit up there is always this wonderful sensation that I get which almost reminds me of childhood.
Suddenly I'm broken out of my monotonous 'real' life and transported to a place where I am overjoyed to be. It's a great way to take a vacation without leaving the comfort of home.
In these moments I re-animate the excitement of youth and bring to light the magic of unchained excstaty..

Now that I know the feeling and have accepted the fact that I love latex, I occasionally feel this craving.. similar to the way that one feels a craving for water when they're thirsty, etc.. I truly believe that there is a part of my being that craves for fetish. And when I satisfy this urge I am ultimately helping to further strengthen my being as a whole.
I think that many people have this similar yearning, but many don't understand or refuse to accept what they must do in order to satisfy it..

No wonder why fetishes carry such strong lasting power in enriching people's lives.. as long as they allow it to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
hit counter html code